Improving your site with CloudFlare and W3 Total Cache
Â CloudFlare and W3Total Cache plugin is a fantasticÂ way to speed up your site.Â
In this tutorial, I will show you how to configure CloudFlare + W3Toltal Cache, If you want to getÂ more information forÂ CloudFlare and W3Total Cache, please refer to those linksÂ https://www.cloudflare.com/Â https://vi.wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/.
I. Installing W3 Total Cache
- Of course, You need to log into your WordPress account
- Click on Plugins -> Add new ->Â Enter W3 Total Cache in Search form then press enter.
- You should getÂ look like:Â
- Now, click on Install Now button and wait for one minute. Once the plugin has been installed, click Activate button.
- Look at the admin sidebar, click on PerformanceÂ menu item. Switch to General Settings sub menu, Here is list of cachingÂ functions that you need to checked: Page Cache, Opcode CacheÂ (if you get “Not Available”, please go to cPanel to enable it or contact your hosting provider to get a help),Â Database Cache.Â Once you have checked all theme, click Save all settings button.
II. Installing CloudFlare
- Firstly, Go to this linkÂ https://www.cloudflare.com/Â and click Sig upÂ link at the top of the page
- Create a CloudFlare account by typing yourÂ email address and password. Click Create account now to proceed.
- Enter the domain for yourÂ website and then click Begin Scan. It’s not necessary to add “www” to the domain. For example, if your website is www.example.com, typeÂ example.com.Â
- CloudFlareÂ will scan your domain’s DNS records. This will take approximately 60 seconds to complete. Once the DNS scan has finished, click Continue.
- A list of all the DNS records found is displayed, including your subdomains. In this step, you canÂ decide which subdomains you want to enableÂ CloudFlare () or bypass CloudFlare ().Â Some records, like MX, never go through CloudFlare (no cloud).If there are any additional records you’d like to add, you can add them here. AfterÂ you’ve reviewed your DNS records, clickÂ Process and continue.Â
- Select a plan that fits your needs and then click Process and continue.
- On theÂ final step, you are given the CloudFlare nameservers for your domain. The CloudFlare nameservers are assignedÂ to your domain and listed on this page. Please write down the CloudFlare nameservers.Â You can also find your CloudFlare nameservers in yourÂ CloudFlareÂ dashboardÂ under Overview.Optionally, choose the appropriate Performance and Security settings. By default,Â your Performance settings are set to CDN Only and your Security profile is set to Medium for your domain.Â You can change your settings at a later time.Click Process and continue.Â
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully created your new CloudFlare account! But you’re not done yet!Â The final step is to update the nameservers for your domain with the CloudFlare nameservers provided in the previous step.
Note: Please allow up to 72 hours for the nameserver information to propagate. You will receive a confirmation email from CloudFlare when the nameservers update is complete. Your site will not experience any downtime during this period.
III. Combining CloudFlare and W3 Total Cache
- Now log into your WordPress account again.
- HoverÂ on Performance and then click on Extensions link
- Activate CloudFlare extension and Â click on Settings link
- You are inside of CloudFlare area, hit Authorize buttonÂ
- A popup will be shown, it requires your email address and API key. Email address: The email that was used for CloudFlare. API key:Â Login to your CloudFlare account ->Â Go to “My Settings” ->Â Scroll down to “API Key” ->Â Click on the “View API Key” button to see your API identifier.
- After you have entered Email and API key, press next button.
- Â Click Save All Settings.
- Scroll down to CloudFlare – Content Processing box and do like thisÂ
- Finally, Click Save CloudFlare settings button.
Rocket loader is betaÂ version, it means your website doesn’t workÂ fine sometime, For example: If Preloader functionality is enabling, It will stay with loading Â status forever. So, You still should useÂ it? Yep, don’t worry about it. All Wiloke’s themes are compatible with Rocket Loader.
P/S: If you face any issue while configuration, feel free contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.